Sunday, June 8, 2008

Random pics.

I am sorry for not posting sooner. It has been a heck of a couple weeks. Mostly just really busy w/ work (everyone is getting camp/vacation cuts) and if it is not raining, which believe it or not we haven't had a drop of rain, we are outside playing. LUCKLY Reese has her dad's skin, and it looks like she my tan pretty good. YEH!! ( my skin is transparent, and has never been able to tan :) ) She loves the outdoors, and is in a VERY active stage. When I get her to bed I am right behind her. WORN OUT!!


Marching w/a stick. ( maybe future flag girl????)

Rolling in the grass w/ PaPa.
First day of summer music class. She has been moved to the next level, and is the youngest in her class, but this is much more her speed. She LOVED it!!!
Reese now will drink milk out of a sippy cup. She has always drank water out of it but NEVER would milk. I have bought every cup they make, and this day she desided she would try it.
Besides this new breakthrough, we have also been trying to get her to sleep throught the night. She has always been a bad sleeper, ( except for about 3 months she was great) So now it is making her cry it out, instead of rocking her back to sleep. The first night she cried from 2 1/2 hrs. it got slightly better the next few nights and last night another 2 1/2 hrs long cry. I am just about over it. I thought it was supposed to get better after a few nights. I'm doing the go in every 5,10,15 ect.... min. Anyone got any ather ideas I can use?

4 comments:

Sarah D said...

Emily,

I think that getting your child to sleep through the night is one of the hardest things in the world to do (unless you are blessed with a wonderful sleeper). I just assume it can only get better. I have to admit that I never did it right with Jack. He now wakes in the middle of the night and just gets in bed with us. This next one, I am going to do things the right way!

Amanda M said...

Keep up with the crying and letting her fall asleep. It may take a while, but it will work. We had to do that with Nick and even though sometimes he went back to the longer cry period it did continue to get shorter and shorter. Good luck and hopefully it gets better soon!

Emily Volkman said...

Thanks guys!!
Amanda,,, do you keep going in and doing the reasuring thing, or just not going in @ all.? I have heard of both.:)

Amanda M said...

I started with the going in and checking, but that just seemed to make him even more upset. To be quite honest it was much better when I didn't go in at all. I just read him a story, and put him down. When he finally quit crying and I knew he was asleep I would check on him. It took a couple of weeks, but the cries became less and less because he knew I would not be in there for him. He finally sleeps all night long..and sometimes 12 hours a night to boot. Just be strong. It will all be worth it!