Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Who is Ruth????

Thank you everyone for your condolences. It has been a whirlwind, but I have truly enjoyed spending some time with my cousins. It has been a long time, and I know Grandma would want that. I hope we stay in touch.

OK ,,, with that said,,, WHO THE HELL IS RUTH???
The guy giving the funeral kept referring to Ruby as RUTH. How often does this happen @ a funeral? We all sat there questioning if he really said it,,, and then to make it worse, We was supposed to say "now Ruby and Harold will rest in peace," " but said Ruth and Clarence.
Nice eh?
Oh well,,, we all make mistakes. We can laugh about this one.

4 comments:

hsing3kinder said...

ah... the pastor at my grandfather's funeral kept calling my uncle Les, instead of Lee.. that went over real well.
He even said it in the sermon.

Sarah D said...

Oh Emily,
I think it will at least make you remember the day with a bigger smile on your face!

We were at my Mom and Dad's for supper this evening and I was telling Michelle and Rebekah about it and my Dad said "I think Aunt Runy would have thought it was pretty funny."

On another note, we were not able to see the babies sex today. So it will be a while longer before we know if it is a RUBY/ruth or not.

Jack really enjoyed Reese today.
Let me know if Aunt Cindy got her that backpack!
It was good to see everyone. I look forward to Labor Day at the pond!
Sarah

Sarah D said...

--by the way, In my Dad's quote I put AUNT RUNY, I met to put Aunt Ruth because when Dad was talking about it he referred to her as Ruth :)

Anonymous said...

Mom would have hated the funeral "sermon". She always said a funeral was not the place to preach. But I think she would have cracked up about Ruth and Clarence. I was hoping someone would start chanting "Ruby, Ruby, Ruby" at the funeral (you know like they did in the Rudy movie) but nobody did. THAT would have been a funeral to remember! Reese was so good...that had to be tough for her confined to a funeral home for 3 hours, but she was great. See you soon...